So...in the meantime, here are a few of Priya's latest accomplishments:
- She can count to two! Yes, two! We are very proud! :) Her version of one sounds more like "why" but it sure is cute to hear her trying to count! "Why, two..."
- She has successfully been weaned from her bottle and is now a fully functioning sippy cup girl.
- She has learned several other new words - please, Priya (yep, she loves saying her own name over and over), ball, go (she uses this word whenever she wants us to pick her up or take her somewhere), yummy.
- She has learned to associate some animals with the sounds that they make. If you say, "What sound does a duck make?" she'll say "Kak, kak, kak, kak". If you ask about a dog she'll say "whoo, whoo". And if you ask her what a cat says she'll say "meow". Her animal loving mother is very happy! :)
- She has also been discovering the wonders of asserting herself and making her opinions about things very well known. My latest project has been to learn how to deal with the joys of temper tantrums. This has no doubt been a JOY! :)