Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Different Perspective

Priya began rolling over about a month and 1/2 ago, but has decided that she wants to do it all the time now!

Last night she gave me a whole new taste of what it means to have a squirmy baby. I put her on her changing table to start getting her ready for bed. Before I was able to finish undressing her she had flipped over - working against an incline! Impressive! I put her back on her back and reached down for a diaper. When I lifted my eyes there she was on her tummy - again! (No worries - I didn't leave her for a second - she'd go flying off the table if she had her way!)


I don't know if it's the new found freedom of no longer being swaddled or if it's simply the stage of development that she is in (maybe a mixture of both), but she flips on her tummy EVERY chance she gets (when we're feeding her, changing her diaper, dressing her, ANY time!! The problem comes with the fact that she hasn't yet realized that she already knows how to roll back over onto her back again. She seems to get stuck on her tummy and then screams for help - every time! Whenever she wakes up I find her in her crib on her tummy - often screaming for help to turn over. Silly girl! :)


Priya also continues to amuse us through her talkative, fun-loving nature.

1 comment:

Emily said...

soooo much like ella! it really is fun to watch them develop together. by the way the flipping over thing is normal, from what I have seen from every other baby. it sure makes it challenging though. :)
ella is getting better at rolling over, soon she'll be getting stuck too! :)