Sunday, July 6, 2008

Priya's Reputation

Apparently our little monkey is getting a bit of a reputation in the nursery at church!  When we dropped her off today one of the girls exclaimed that Priya was the most energetic and active baby of the bunch during the previous week.  When we returned to pick her up after the service we were greeted by another nursery helper who said that Priya was one of the most active babies she had ever seen!  We are definitely going to have our hands full as she continues to grow and starts running around.  :)

We are finding it rather challenging these days to dress her and change her diapers.  She wants to move constantly and doesn't enjoy having to lie still for even a minute!  I am especially grateful for the times when Ashish is around to give me a hand.  He holds her hands and tries to keep her occupied with toys while I get her cleaned up.  When it's just me I give her something to play with - hoping to create a distraction - but that rarely gets us through the full changing.  

Priya also likes to challenge us during feeding times.  Her desire to move and play makes it difficult to keep her still long enough to finish a bottle.  We give her a toy to occupy her hands and that usually does the trick, but we have to be careful that she doesn't flip herself over and try to scoot away.  

On the positive side, she definitely is a lover of life and enjoys getting the most out of each waking moment.  There is obviously much that we can learn, and are learning, from her and her enthusiastic approach to life.

Ahhh...the joys of parenting... :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am still clinging onto every last second of my immobile baby. I feel for you Jess!

Ashlee said...

Isaiah gets like that when I try to change his diaper. He wants to flip over as soon as I lay him on the changing table. The joys of parenting!