Sunday, November 16, 2008

Diaper Survey - Calling All Moms!

Moms - I need your help! I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share your experience with different brands of diapers. I've been using Target brand for most of Priya's diapering needs (with the exception of when she was first born and everything I tried leaked with the exception of Pampers).

Priya weighs about 17 lbs now and has been in size 3 for several months. This size is supposed to fit 16-28 lbs. But we have been having problems with leaking during the past few weeks. Almost every morning when she wakes up she is wet around the tops of the diaper (even when I double diaper her!). This morning after only wearing a diaper for 30 min I could see little trickles going down her leg - and the diaper was on right! I'm thinking about switching brands but I'm sad to do this for financial reasons.

Can you give me your thoughts on other brands you have tried and whether you liked or disliked them? Or is this a size issue? It's hard to imagine her in a size 4 when she's only 17 lbs. Thanks!!!

7 comments:

The Morales Family said...

Hi Jessica - I totally understand your frustration with the morning wake up wetness. I haven't switched diapers yet...hasn't been that bad, but what I've heard is that you can buy these add in pads from BabiesRUs or from Target I think, and it just soaks in more. Abby's 20 lbs. so you shouldn't have to switch to larger size yet. Let me know if you find them and if they work! I've been interested in them myself.

rachel joy said...

Once I tried Costco's Kirkland brand, I never looked back. I love them! They start at size 1 so I use Pampers for the newborn stage. The only leaks with the Kirklands are my own fault for forgetting to change him. (If it's this bad for the second child, think of my poor third!) We even had people bring cases of them when we lived up north and the closest Costco was 8 hours away!

PS: Max asked the other day when the Penner's are coming home from "that other house".

Bethany Joy Hardy said...

I agree with rachel... Kirkland is very good and Josiah really fills up those diapers! I also use the mom-2-mom brand at Safeway. They are about $5 more than Kirkland, but I really like how they fit on him.
Oh! in the new Costco coupon book there is a $5 off for those diapers!

Emily said...

hey jess,
Ella just started having the same trouble with target diapers. I switched her to a size 4 though and no problems. I would highly recommend going up to a 4 at night at least. it solved our nighttime leaking. during the day though i just have to change her a little more often in a three.(especially cause I have a whole box to use up still!:) I don't know about the pound guides, I have always found that when she starts to leak through a size if I just bump her up to the next one it solves it. let me know what works for you.

Erica said...

I have had good luck with the Costco kirkland diapers. I always get them. Although I as well have always gone up a size when the leaking occurs. Try going up a size. If that doesn't work kirkland rocks.

Anonymous said...

I agree...Kirkland's are awesome! I have had to go one size up with my first. That seemed to help the leaking. But, I would try Kirkland's and go from there!

Jess said...

This is really helpful input! Thanks for the advice! I'll look into trying these ideas. :)