Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Little Toothless Wonder

Well...maybe not toothless but Priya does have less of a tooth. She took an unfortunate spill on Thursday and landed face-first on a rock! After making it through a lot of blood and a lot of tears (and screaming that absolutely broke my heart), I discovered that part of one of Priya's top middle teeth had broken off! She had a new gap between her front teeth that hadn't been there before! It's easier to see if you click on the picture below and view it in all of it's glory.

I'm happy to report that Priya bounced back very quickly! She had cut her lip and had some pretty bad swelling, but by the next morning it had already gone down significantly and by that evening seemed as though it had never even happened! Kids amaze me!!


This process helped me to learn a whole lot about kids and chipped teeth! Did you know that if you break a tooth (and can find the piece), you should put it in milk until you can get to the dentist? This will help to keep the tooth healthy enough if the dentist wants to re-attach it! Fascinating! And no, we didn't find the piece of Priya's missing tooth, so it's not sitting in our fridge taking a milk bath. My guess is that she swallowed it! Yikes!

3 comments:

Pearcia LaPointe said...

Owies on the mouth are the worst b/c of all the blood. Elliot has had a few of those (but still has all his teeth) and I felt aweful!

Have you swung by Gymboree yet for the Memorial Day sales? Crazy deals!

Jess said...

No, I haven't made it down to the outlet. I'm trying to stay away! No shopping! :) LOL! I hope business is going well for you guys!

Cynthia said...

Caleb fell off our quad this weekend onto his face-I hate those moments but you're right they bounce back so fast! Take care!