Thursday, November 1, 2007

Figuring this blog thing out...

Here we are - 6 weeks and 1 day into this new thing called parenthood - and it's about time that we start putting together our blog. It's been quite a ride so far! We are learning a great deal and trying to stay sane in the process. In many ways being a mom is what I thought it would be. I am amazed by how much we have so quickly come to love this little person and how quickly she has become an irreplaceable part of our lives. I cherish the closeness and the special times with our little girl. Each milestone that occurs is a gift to treasure. She started smiling a few days ago - what a treat that has been to see!! :)

At the same time she is an unbelievable handful and I have to work hard to keep from pulling my hair out. It's a challenge to try to embrace each day and to appreciate the gift that it is with our little Priya at this stage of her life. So often I find myself longing for the day when she will no longer be a colicky baby and we will be able to enjoy her more - when she will be able to sleep more easily (and for longer hours) and when she won't be so fussy. But even this time of life is a gift and there is much that God has for me to learn through this trying experience...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby!!!

Completely objective comment--- the very first on her blog!

from Grandpa P

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to come give you a break again Jess. She is a sweet little thing and stole my heart the first time I held her and she did her little lip-pursing thing. Love to you both.

Juli

Emily said...

so glad you joined the blog club! I love seeing all of the cute pictures of little Priya! It is so hard to wait to meet her, I know that she and Ella will be the best of friends!
Love,
Auntie Em