Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Operation Surprise Oma - Part 1

Round one was effectively executed today! After a wonderful stay in Winnipeg with Cynthia we trekked out to Steinbach to surprise Oma. Cynthia held Priya and had Caleb and Carson with her as she knocked on Oma's door, while I hid around the corner. Oma's reaction was priceless and I was happy to be able to get it on video. We didn't let the cat out of the bag on the additional visitors that will be showing up tomorrow, so the surprises will continue to come!

Priya has talked about Oma a lot since our Montana trip and she was excited to get to see her again!





After spending some time with Oma we met up with Tanya and Dylan at McDonald's for dinner. The kids enjoyed their dinner and then had a blast playing together.

We ended the day by heading back to Tanya's home, where I will be staying for the duration of my time in Manitoba. We all took the kids to a nearby park before Cynthia and the boys headed back to Winnipeg. Tanya and I enjoyed some girl talk after the kids went to bed and waited for Adam to return from an air show.

What a great day! I was giddy driving into Steinbach today and so excited about all the family time that is yet to come. Our time here has been wonderful already and there's so much more fun to come! It's been far too long since we've all had some good, solid quality time together and this is a tremendous gift!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

The boys were almost in tears this morning asking for Priya. So special! What a great day yesterday was-I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! She misses them too! She and I both had such a wonderful time at your place! Thank you again SOOOOO much! Can't wait to see you all again tomorrow! :)