Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia!

I am currently in the fabulous (and humid) city of Atlanta, Georgia! I am here with 3 of my colleagues (Becky Weber, Ed Klose & Elizabeth Peterson) to attend a Leadership Forum put on by Tim Elmore. The four of us left Simpson bright and early this morning (5:45am PST to be exact) and finally arrived at our hotel at about 10:45pm EST. What a day! It felt like we experienced our own version of The Amazing Race!

All four of us flew from Redding to Los Angeles and then we all split up. My flight left first so I quickly found my way to my gate and boarded the plane to Salt Lake City, Utah. Becky left a few minutes later and went to New Orleans, LA. Finally, Ed and Elizabeth hopped on yet another plane and met up with me in Salt Lake City just in time to board our final plane to Atlanta. Our flight was early and Becky's last flight out of New Orleans was a bit delayed so we ended up landing within minutes of each other (AMAZING!) and joked - via texting - that it was going to be a foot race to the Pit Stop (baggage claim). Becky won since the Ed, Elizabeth and I decided to hoof it rather than take the train. We walked almost 3 miles today (I have a nifty pedometer on my cell phone).

This will be the longest I have ever been away from Priya. It's hard to be away from her and my heart is aching to be with her again. But I'm trying to really enjoy and live out this time that I have here. It has already been such a gift! Priya is being cared for by the fabulous Meredith family. Cristi, TJ & Holli are all staying at my parents' house (thanks Mom & Dad) to give here a familiar place to be while I'm gone. Ashish will be stopping by when he isn't in school, at clinical at the hospital and working. Thank you Meredith family!!! We are so grateful to you for your willingness to help us this week!

Ok, it's 12:30am EST and I can barely keep my eyes open. I have to get up in 6 hours so it's time to step away from the computer. Good night all!

It was a very long day but a good one. I have really enjoyed this time with my friends and am looking forward to all that we will learn and experience while we are here for the next few days.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Enjoy this brief break! So jealous that you have family in town to not just tend to but LOVE ON Priya.