Friday, June 12, 2009

Smelling the Roses, Tantrums & Hidden Sippy Cups

We've all heard the expression, "Take time to stop and smell the roses." This came to mind as Priya and I took a walk together today. We walked down a street lined with a variety of flowers and plants and Priya was quite excited to stop at almost every single one to "smell" it (her version of smelling involves blowing rather than sniffing). She was thrilled with each encounter, well, with the exception of a few prickly ones that got her in the nose! Ouch! It's kind of ironic since I usually can't get her to sit still for the life of me!

She is also entering the "Terrible Two" stage and boy is it fun! Her tantrums have been becoming increasingly more frequent and intense. Today was probably the worst that we've experienced yet. I'm educating myself as much as possible right now to find productive ways to deal with her outbursts and am grateful to see that some of the tips that I've read are working. We have a long way to go though. Priya is definitely giving us a run for our money! Does she ever have a mind and will of her own!!!

When we came home today we went through the usual routine to wind down and get her ready to go to bed. I went to get a diaper from where I store them and found a wonderful present - an old sippy cup 1/3 filled with nasty, rotten milk! I'm not sure how I missed it when pulling diapers out before, but I had to laugh. This is just the beginning of finding special items in random places - and losing a lot of things I'm sure!

Life is definitely not dull for us with our little monkey running around! :)

No comments: