Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jenetta would be proud!

My sister-in-law is the queen of freebies. If you haven't already, check out Frugal Freebies and Deals. She always finds such fantastic bargains, not to mention the free stuff...

Today was a special day (my...gulp...34th birthday) and I mustered up all the wisdom I have gleaned from Jenetta over the past many years and set out on a freebie-finding birthday bonanza! I'm proud to say that I scored about $30 in freebies as a result!! I walked away with a number of free coffees (Starbucks, Dutch Brothers, YAKS - some are still stored in my fridge for Ashish and I to enjoy tomorrow), a free meal from Red Robin (take-out which I brought home and shared with the fam) and a free burrito from Chipotle (not something they typically do so this was an extra special bonus). I know there were many other deals to be had, but I called it a day after gathering these goodies. I just might have to see if I can top it next year...

3 comments:

Jenetta Penner said...

nice!!

jenetta

Emily said...

sweet! what a great idea!

Greg and Tanya said...

Hey! Happy Belated birthday! What did you do to celebrate?
Tanya:)