Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 2 Success

Day 2 of Priya's Potty Training Party was a bit of a roller coaster but ended with success. The morning was challenging as she really didn't want to cooperate and had very little interest in trying to even sit on the potty. She even asked me a couple of times to put diapers on - even to the point of pulling one out and lying down on the ground to wait for me to comply with her wishes. I know that it's hard to give up something that she's always known but I didn't want to derail her progress so we plugged along in her cotton panties. She refused to go before naptime (and hadn't gone since she'd woken up in the morning) and I debated for a while whether or not I should put her in pull-ups but I decided to be a "mean mommy" and let her experience the consequences of holding it in. About an hour into what's usually a 2 hour nap Ashish and I heard her crying and went into her room to find her standing in a puddle in her bed. It was the end of her nap but the beginning of greater success.

We ventured out in the afternoon to run some errands. I opted for pull-ups this time just in case. At one point she asked to go but then refused to enter the bathroom at the grocery store. By the time we got home she was ready and begged me to take her home to use the potty. Amazingly she stayed dry and made it to the potty! Her excitement over her victory was priceless! She even asked to go one more time before bed and was again successful!

I'm so happy to see the progress she is making! I know that there's still a long road ahead, but it's such an encouragement to finally see the progress. :)

3 comments:

rachel joy said...

good job, Jess! she's obviously ready for it, and I hope it stays so blissfully easy for you. My first was a breeze to train in 2 weeks, the second - not so much. I'm holding out as long as I can with boy number 3.

Emily said...

way to go Priya, and Jessica!! Sounds like good progress! It is sooo trying these first couple of days and weeks sometimes, but stick with it, she can do it!!

Emily said...

stick with it, sounds like you are doing great!