Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm Here!

It's been a very long day, but I'm finally here in Washington DC! :) Actually, I'm in Alexandria, Virginia right now, but who's counting? Most of the day was smooth sailing. I got up at 3:45am PST, left for the airport an hour later, flew from Redding to San Francisco and then to Chicago. From there things got a little crazy on my connecting flight to Baltimore with flight delays, engine issues, and weather delays. I got into Baltimore, Maryland about 2 hours late and then we had a luggage delay and finally a hiccup with the car rental company whose network had gone out from the weather problems. But in the end it all worked out just fine!

I drove about 30 minutes to pick up friends Aaron and Kari Beadner (we all work together at Simpson) who had just come in on a bus after touring New York and Atlantic City for several days. We arrived about 5 minutes apart which was perfect. Now we're all settling in about an hour away from our meeting place at a fabulous Hilton hotel (which we got for quite a steal) and are gonna get some much needed rest before hitting the town and doing some sightseeing in the morning. I can't wait! It's gonna be great! So much history to see and learn more about! I love this stuff!

But for now I need to get some sleep. I'm operating on 3 hours of sleep! Yikes! Until tomorrow...

No comments: