Friday, June 25, 2010

Morning Sickness...a BLESSING?!?!

I seem to have "ideal juror" written all over me. I've been summoned more times than I can remember in the 10 years that I've lived in Redding and have served in 2 trials. I was *overjoyed* when I received yet another summons a few weeks ago to appear during my vacation time. I did truly enjoy my previous two experiences, but this time I was hoping and praying that they'd somehow pass me by. We've been moving and there's still a lot of work to do plus this is my vacation and my time to really focus on Priya without work being a distraction. Not to mention the fact that it's not the way I pictured spending the majority of my vacation time...

I'm 18 weeks along in my pregnancy and the morning sickness sadly has not subsided. With Priya I was sick all the way through - to the very day that she made her appearance in this world! I've been hoping and praying that this pregnancy would be different. But so far it hasn't been. So you can imagine my happiness when the morning sickness finally worked in my favor!

I appeared for jury duty yesterday morning still hoping and praying that they wouldn't select me. I was selected in the first random cut (before going up to the court room) and was then dismissed for a long lunch and instructed to return at 2pm. I had a queezy morning but the afternoon was much worse. And after getting sick two times in the afternoon I spoke with one of the employees in the room, she called the court clerk and eventually got me excused with credit for time served! What would I do if I found myself getting sick in a court room with no opportunity to make a run for the nearest bathroom? Needless to say it wouldn't be pretty. I've never been more happy to be sick in my life! Who knew that morning sickness was actually a blessing in disguise?!

2 comments:

that's us... said...

yay for morning sickness!?!? :) i'm glad it worked in your favour jess...and hopefully you get a break from it soon!

Greg and Tanya said...

Wow 18 weeks already! So sorry that you are not feeling good :(