Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting the creative juices flowing again...

I love to make things with my hands. It's fun to create and to see something new emerge before your eyes. I used to make jewelry, but since Priya came along it has been placed on the back burner. Recently my sister-in-law, Emily, inspired me to try something new. She made a bow holder to hang in Ella's room that neatly organized her bows (see Emily's handiwork below).


I've kept Priya's bows in zip lock bags and stored in a basket in her room, but I wanted a way to store them that made it easier to find what I wanted. I wandered over to Walmart one evening and came back with supplies that ended up costing me only $5 - fabric, ribbon, and some 50 cent jungle animals that matched the theme in Priya's room. Coupled with some cardboard, batting, staples and glue a new creation soon emerged. I had to get creative with the limited wall space in Priya's room (hence the ever-so-fashionable thermostat in the pic). But in the end I was happy with the result.

Thanks for the inspiration Emily! It was fun to try something new! :)

4 comments:

Joni said...

so cute Jess! Wish I had a little girl who had bows that needed organizing...sigh...

Pam said...

Those turned out cute Jess. I did something far less creative than that with a wooden butterfly and some ribbon. You girls are so crafty :)

rachel joy said...

my goodness, that's a lot of bows! life with girls is so foreign to me. very cute!

Joni said...

I just got my Family Fun magazine and they had an idea of how to make a clothes hanger into a bow hanger, but I think yours are MUCH cuter.